Saturday 13 October 2012

Keeping fingers crossed!!!!!!


We don’t live in the telegraph period. We live in the fuzzy front end generation equipped with an iPad which sings you to bed! There are no sweet sweater weaving grandmothers or mothers who make pickles with each seasonal change. To cut the story short, I was waiting for my appointment letter. It’s just a bloody, f*@# e-mail… Electronic mail and it was much slower in its arrival than the telegraph!

Each day I woke up, in a messy bed, surrounded by my foot cream, book I was reading late night, my comb, the earrings which I wore the previous day and Tharun. Each morning I prayed to all the gods and gave special respects and homage to Jesus, only to be left alone the whole day without any “good news”. Many a times I made cynical promises to the divine being on quitting my habit of getting annoyed at imperfections and ultimately creating a gloomy atmosphere around me, only if the job came around! I was a very demanding worshipper for sure. I kept my fingers crossed each time the phone rang. I thought that the HR might have experienced the mail bouncing back and decided to give me a call. But Alas! It was only the laundry guy.

Whenever Tharun gave me his golden words of advice and tried to inculcate in me the thought that it’s “alright”, I would only pounce back like a hungry tigress. He would learn the lesson of patience and retrieve in to his den like a small puppy but that wouldn’t satisfy me and I would chase him down to tell him ‘exactly how I feel’.

As months went back and time elapsed, I realized that keeping the fingers crossed is not doing much! It’s only causing pain to my fingers and they ached every time I turned them in any direction now. So that was the end of that!

Ultimately after about three months of waiting, the HR called, right when I was in the middle of haggling for something at the local market.  Mind you, the HR didn’t represent the company I had put my resume with and attended interview for… it was another job altogether! Let’s say that the crossing of the fingers didn’t work for something it was crossed for but ultimately the result was what I was looking out for!

Moral of the story- Cross the fingers or not, life takes you towards the direction you desperately want to go!
 
This is my contribution towards "write over the weekend" initiative by blogadda.. and M loving it!

This post is a part of <a title="WOW" href="http://blog.blogadda.com/2012/09/28/write-over-the-weekend-wow-indian-blogs">Write Over the Weekend</a>, an initiative for <a title="Indian Bloggers" href="http://www.blogadda.com">Indian Bloggers</a> by BlogAdda

1 comment:

  1. :D Nice read. I share the experienced experience :) And the 'patience and chasing' part was really hilarious to visualise :P Though am sure Tharun wouldn't be nodding in agreement with me :D

    ReplyDelete